Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wow - This is Getting to be Fun!

I am amazed at the awesome discoveries that have been unearthed by my friends and supporters. I know there are 'sugar-free' folks out there that advocate making everything from scratch, and using only organic ingredients, and all that jazz. . . . while I applaud their tenacity, I do not have the energy to live in such a manner. I need short-cuts in my life.

I got a text last night from Carole who had discovered No Sugar Added Alfredo Sauce - The Cheesy Ragu 'Light Parmesan Alfredo'. Melissa discovered No Sugar Added Bread - the New England brand 'Brown Bread'. Therese discovered that Mission brand tortillas now makes a 'Jalapeno Cheddar Wrap' in addition to their 'Spinach Herb Wraps' which are free of added sugar. Heather found 'Organicville Ketchup' which is sweetened with Agave Nectar instead of sugar. While searching for these items at the grocery store tonight, I also found a brand that I am pretty sure I am going to love - World Classics Trading Company - I picked up a jar of their Marinara Sauce and their San Francisco Style Cioppino Sauce (I'm not really sure what this last one is, but it looks spicy, so I am pretty sure I will love it).

I feel like a super-sleuth!! Each discovery is more exciting than the last! We CAN eliminate the 'inGREEDient' from our daily life - without suffering!

I made baked pork chops (using MomK's breadcrumb recipe) and a chopped salad for dinner tonight. What did you make for dinner tonight?

High on Life - Not Sugar:)

JamiK

No comments:

Post a Comment