Thursday, January 28, 2010

I've got a feeling . . . . .

Since the first time I heard "I've Got A Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas, it has been my favorite song ever. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. It's one of the happiest feel-good songs I have ever heard. And I felt that way today. Like today was the best day ever.

I didn't get on the scale this morning even though I wanted to. Saturday is scale day. I did, however, tighten my belt a notch. I have been on the 'second tightest' belt setting for the past six months or so. So long even, that my belt is pretty much trained to be fastened at the second tightest notch. Not anymore. If my waist gets any smaller, I shall have to buy a smaller belt:)

I made one of my favorite recipes for dinner tonight - MomK's Chicken Divan.

In a casserole dish:
Layer 1: steamed rice
Layer 2: broccoli
Layer 3: Chicken (cubed or chopped)
Layer 4: Chicken Divan Sauce (Recipe below)
Layer 5: MomK's home made no sugar added breadcrumbs

Bake for an hour at 350.

Chicken Divan Sauce:
Melt 1 stick of butter in a sauce pan
Stir in 1/2 cup of unbleached white flour to make a rue
While stirring, slowly add 1 quart (4 cups) of chicken or vegetable broth
Continue stirring, and add a splash of white wine (I used chardonnay)
Season with Paprika, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Salt to taste
Slowly stir in 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Colby Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment