Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Seasoned Bread Crumbs

For Heather.....

I needed my seasoned bread crumbs. So once I found bread without sugar, I started saving the heels in the freezer. When you accumulate ten.....

Dry the bread in a 250 degree oven for about 30 min. by laying them out on a rack.

Break them into pieces and churn into crumbs in a food processor w/ the metal blade.
Add 2/3 c. Parmesan, 1 T. Italian Seas., 2 T. parsley, 2 t. garlic powder, 1 t. oregano & basil, and 1/2 t. black pepper. Churn a few more sec. to blend. Store in refrigerator.

My favorite Baked Chicken Thighs:

Skin thighs, dip in Italian dressing (or any other sugar free variety) or buttermilk, roll in breadcrumbs, dot w/ butter, bake for 45 min. @ 350.

Going Free Tip: If you get in the habit of having acceptable sweets on hand and eating something for dessert w/ every meal, you will tend not to have those "drive you crazy" cravings. I think it is psychological and physical. I think your palate needs to be completely satisfied at meal time.


MomK

No comments:

Post a Comment