Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Reflections

I ate the most fabulous chocolate covered pretzel at my friend's house this afternoon. And boy, did I enjoy it. I think that I ate it a lot more slowly than I would have had I not been thinking about how long it might be before I had another one. Hopefully it will not be long before my cravings for these sorts of treats will diminish. But then, again, I wouldn't say that I often 'crave' sweets. They are there in front of me, and I know I will enjoy it - so I eat it. When I was little, my mom used to warn me not to let my eyes get bigger than my stomach. That is usually my problem. I love food. So if it is there in front of me, I usually just dive in. I shall have to find a way to combat that urge for instant food gratification.

I finished the evening with good conversation, a gingerbread cookie, and ice cream. These were also consumed with a great deal of thought. Maybe I'll invest in an ice cream maker and make my own inGREEDient free ice cream.

May you enjoy the blessings of the season!
Family, friends, fellowship, and food:)

God Bless,
JamiK

No comments:

Post a Comment