Saturday, December 4, 2010

Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider Reduction

I just made one of the most delightful dishes. 
It's amazing what one discovers when new things are attempted.

My sister-in-law HeatherK suggested the recipe for today's adventure

Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider Reduction
(Courtesy of Aida Mollenkamp)

2 (1-lb) Pork Tenderloins cut in half (crosswise)
*** I substituted pork chops I had in my freezer in an attempt to use what I had on hand
Vegetable Oil
Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1/2 cups Apple Cider
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup

Directions:
  • Arrange an oven rack in the upper 1/3 of oven. Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
  • Pat Pork Tenderloins dry with paper towel, brush with oil, and season well with salt and pepper.
  • Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat and brown tenderloins on all sides.
  •   Place Tenderloins on a baking sheet and place in oven about 15 minutes (10 min for pork chops)    
  • Meanwhile, place frying pan over high heat and add cider and vinegar. Stir this until mixture is reduced by about 2/3.
  • Reduce heat to medium, stir in maple syrup and remove from heat until pork is cooked.
  • Warm sauce over medium-high heat, add pork and any accumulated juices and spoon sauce over meat to completely coat.

  • When Pork is warm, remove it to the cutting board and slice thinly.
  • Spoon pan sauce over the pork and serve

Total Prep time, cook time and cleanup time for this dish was about an hour. 

I think I have found a recipe worthy of being added to my favorites.  Yum Yum!!

Eat Well - Avoid Sugar!
JamiK

No comments:

Post a Comment