Thursday, February 4, 2010

One of Those Days

ugg.


That is the entirety of what goes through my mind every time I think about going back to work tomorrow. Today was one of those days where every time you get off the phone, there are three new urgent voicemail messages waiting to be listened to and addressed. In case you were wondering, there seems to be an overabundance of freight in the Midwestern United States, and a dearth of trucks to transport it where it needs to go.

The one bright spot in the day, was when my boss and dear friend, Mary, and I went to lunch together for the first time in a year. Where did we go, you ask? To Wok in Motion in West Des Moines, IA for some really amazing Sushi. We ordered a Spicy Tuna Roll, a Salmon Maki, a California Golden Crisp, and a Spicy Scallop. As long as you avoid sushi rolls which contain Mayonnaise, and the soy sauce doesn't have added sugar (don't worry, I checked) - you are good to go! There is no added sugar in wasabi paste. There is no added sugar in the rice, the fish, the vegetables, or the seaweed wraps.

I hope to add many suggestions for dining out to this blog as I begin my tour of the US for work this month. First stop - Pittsburgh.

2 comments:

  1. "Seasoned rice vinegar is made by adding sake, salt and SUGAR. Seasoned rice vinegar is used in sushi and in salad dressing varieties popular in the west, such as ginger or sesame dressing."
    --WIKI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great - my first flub. I shall be going back to Wok in Motion to ask about this. I've actually found a great many recipes for sushi which do not call for seasoned rice vinegar. Oh, I do hope they tell me they don't use it. If not, at least I know better now.

    ReplyDelete