Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Rockin & Rollin in PA

Hanging out on the road is truckloads of fun. I am truly blessed to have a job I enjoy so much. While travelling, I plan to do some serious research in grocery stores around the country. I hit the local 'Super Eagle' here in Moon Township, PA this evening.

Goal #1: Find hummus & something to dip in hummus.
Goal #2: Check out the organic section - look for new stuff

Results: I found my favorite Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus, and picked up a little bag of mini carrots and a box of triscuits. They have a decent organic selection - plenty of chips & crackers, and snack type foods, but fewer staples - good variety of Naked, Bolthouse Farms, and Odwalla beverages. I did find what is bound to be a new favorite: Lundberg Rice Chips. Awesome flavor - no sugar. While wandering the aisles looking for hummus (which was not where one would have expected it to be) I FOUND CHICKEN STOCK WITH NO ADDED SUGAR!!

It's true folks. Kitchen Basics makes their chicken stock with honey, not sugar.

I will be talking to HyVee (my hometown grocery) about adding this product to their shelves next week.


I also found this analysis of chicken stocks/broths where Kitchen Basics got top honors in one category, and second in another.
Thanks for reading tonight folks:)
Au Revoir,
JamiK

1 comment:

  1. Rachel Ray has a line of food available in our grocery store (Harris Teeter) and her chicken stock has NO sugar!!! Wahoo!!!

    I love hummus too! Veggies are always good to dip in it, but sometimes I just want Pita chips and I finally found some Pita Crackers from Trader Joe's this week that have no sugar!! If you come across a Trader Joe's in your travels, definitely check it out!! There are a couple staples I have found there that I love. Like their peanut butter and mac&cheese!! Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete