Monday, February 1, 2010

Help!!

I need meal ideas! I had no 'oomph' to make dinner tonight. Nothing interesting came to mind when I opened the cupboards and refrigerator. I have food in the house, I just don't know what to make. Tonight I have opted for a salad, but tomorrow, I shall probably want something a bit more substantial to eat.

I am especially interested in any ideas that include rice, or rice pasta. I have both in the house, but I don't know what to do with them. Fish? Chicken? Help!

Recipe for my brother's amazing salad:
2 cups fresh diced tomatoes
1/2 - 3/4 cup fresh mozzerella in small pieces/cubes
1/4 cup thin sliced onion
Chopped fresh basil
A little drizzle of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
A splash of red wine vinegar

Toss, and let marinate in the refrigerator for a half hour.

I also brewed up some unsweetened tea (I used the standard Lipton variety) and sweetened it with honey. This will do nicely for an afternoon beverage at work when I need something more interesting than water.

:)
JamiK

2 comments:

  1. Two pieces of Aldi's Tilapia from the frozen food section broil up wonderfully in less than 10 min....first butter them, like you would bread, then salt, pepper and paprika them. Make your rice with and some asparagus....also from Aldi frozen food section. Jessi and I butter and parmesean the asparagus....and of course the rice is best w/ lots of butter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this is late, but maybe you still need some dinner ideas--don't we all?!

    One of my favorites using brown rice or quinoa is to cook it and then add a bit of olive oil, as much curry as you like, and then some peas/corn/carrots thawed quickly in a pot of boiling water. Add a little fresh minced ginger and some raisins and this is sure to satisfy! Oh, and try sprinkling some shredded coconut on top.

    I hope this appetizes!

    ReplyDelete