Friday, January 14, 2011

On A Roll!

I made the most delightful dinner tonight.  I can hardly believe that I have had food success two nights in a row with new recipes.  I am actually developing an eclectic list of recipes.  Look Ma - I can cook:)

Lazy Salmon Supper
Adapted from Every Day with Rachel Ray
(I couldn't find the recipe on the website - I got it directly from the magazine)
Ingredients:
 
2 cups chicken stock
4 scallions - chopped
2 cloves garlic - minced
1 Tbsp Butter
1 1/2 cups couscous
Salt and Pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped dill
Juice of 1 lemon
EVOO
4 6-8 oz salmon fillets
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
2 cup greek yogurt



Directions:
  • Combine and bring to a boil Chicken stock, scallions, garlic and butter
  • Stir in couscous and season with salt, pepper, the dill and lemon juice
  • Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes - fluff with a fork
  • Heat a drizzle of EVOO in a skillet over med-high heat
  • Season the salmon with the cumin, coriander, salt and pepper
  • Place the salmon in the skillet and cook the fish for 2 minutes on each side
  •  Serve with the couscous and a dollop of yogurt on top
I have never eaten couscous before, but I assure you I will be eating it again.  The entire meal was very light, but incredibly flavorful.  I would never have thought to use cumin to season fish, but wow.  Ra Ray has got it goin on with this recipe! 

Incidentally, the February edition of Every Day with Rachel Ray is the best purchase I have made to date this year.  It contains at least another dozen recipes I plan to try.

Expand Your Repertoire!
Try New Foods!
Avoid Sugar:)

JamiK

No comments:

Post a Comment