Saturday, November 13, 2010

Garlic is Good

I have the unfortunate habit of getting into food ruts. If I like it . . . . I make it over and over again until I realize that I'm growing bored. Thanks to all my friends who responded to the request for recipes! I'll be sharing many of them with you over the next few weeks. Right now my house smells like garlic - and I love it.

At the suggestion of my friend Joscelynn, I made the most delicious chicken for dinner.

40 Cloves and a Chicken
(courtesy of Alton Brown)

1 whole chicken (broiler/fryer) cut into 8 pieces
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
10 sprigs fresh thyme
40 peeled cloves of Garlic
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 350° F
Season the chicken with salt & pepper
Toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil and brown on both sides in a frying pay on high heat.
Place into a baking dish with oil, thyme & garlic
Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hrs

The chicken is delicious. What made it perfect was the garlic toast that accompanied it.
I toasted two slices of whole grain bread, smeared it with the garlic that had cooked with the chicken, and then sprinkled it with a bit of Parmesan.

Jos - you are a genius.

Don't get bored with your food
Avoid Sugar.

JamiK

No comments:

Post a Comment