Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I am stronger than the cookie.

Hello friends!!! I am back.

Armed with a new laptop, and two extra hours in my day thanks to my trip to the Pacific Northwest, I am here to regale you with a few random notations.

1) While travelling home from Delaware last month, my flight from Philly was delayed by an hour, and I couldn't find anything edible (free of added sugar, that is) at the Philly airport. When I landed in Chi-town I had to walk very quickly to another concourse to catch my connecting flight. . . . . I wasn't walking quite fast enough. As I passed the Cinnabon booth, my nose and empty tummy started to take over. The only thing that kept me from jumping behind the counter at that Cinnabon booth and gorging myself on a tray full of sugar was the fact that the booth had already closed, and the metal 'fence' had been pulled down over the entryway. If I hadn't been vaguely aware of the fact that I was close to missing my connecting flight, I might have pleaded with the guy cleaning up the booth to sell just one last bun for the day.

2) Life seems to be moving rather quickly these days. . . . . Since I last posted:
-----I have lost another 5 lbs. I am within reach of my ultimate weight goal (that I didn't think I would ever be able to reach) of 160 lbs.
-----My 31st birthday is fast approaching, and I am hoping to be able to fit into my favorite jeans of all time by then (end of June). I haven't worn these jeans since I was 16 or 17 years old.
-----My sister moved in with me for the Summer (based on the case of Pepsi sitting in my kitchen, I don't think she is ready for life sans sugar), but she is doing some great research for me, and helping me with meal planning.
-----I have been on the road for work almost every week. It's looking like I'll be on the road 3 weeks out of every month for the remainder of the summer, and maybe for the year.

3) As I sit here in my hotel room in Portland, OR there is a warm, chewy cookie calling to me from the other side of the room. It comes complimentary with my room. I'd throw it away, but the garbage cans in the room are cleaner than my refrigerator. . . . . If I was really going to eat the cookie, a garbage can wouldn't stop me. So I will continue with my mantra for the evening. . . . . . I am stronger than the cookie . . . . . I am stronger than the cookie.

May your evening be blessed:)

JamiK

1 comment:

  1. I would gladly take the cookie off your hands if I could. I'm definitely NOT stronger than the cookie! :) Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete