Friday, March 5, 2010

AUGGHHHHH! - this is the sound of me freaking out.

This week has been so busy, I haven't had time to post. So busy, in fact, that I have had to consciously tell myself to stop what I am doing to go pee before I wet my pants.

The good news: My eyesight is improving (left eye only for now)!!!
Old prescription: ---------New Prescription:
D: -1.75 -------------------D: -1.50
Cyl: -1.25 -----------------Cyl: -1.25
Axis: 110 -----------------Axis: 120

Technically, I have no idea what this means, but my Optometrist explained it by saying that my left eye had improved by almost two steps. My new prescription is for a one step change. Hopefully I'll be able to go back in a couple of months and see more improvement. My astigmatism has also changed.

The bad news: I am not even remotely prepared for another trip. I am supposed to be leaving for Los Angeles on Sunday afternoon. Need to do laundry, pack, and clean my house, which currently qualifies as a disaster area. All without a sugar binge.

See Better - Avoid Sugar.

JamiK

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the improved eyesight! That is awesome! Good luck getting everything done before you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your eyesight. . .though I'm not sure why you think its connected? It'd be nice, but certainly every change in your body during this time won't be attributed to a single cause?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided to give up sugar to see if my eyesight would improve like my mother's did. She has worn glasses since childhood, and her prescription has changed very little over the course of her life until she gave up sugar - at this juncture, her eyesight improved drastically. My prescription has not changed since I had to start wearing glasses in 1998. Giving up refined / added sugar is the only change to my lifestyle that I have made, and I think that it bears consideration that the two things might be related.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might be related, certainly. But "see better--avoid sugar" is a tall claim. The converse of that argument would be that people who eat a lot of sugar should all wear glasses, which certainly is not the case.

    ReplyDelete