Monday, August 16, 2010

Drum Roll, Please!!

Okay, okay, okay . . . . I'm a slacker. I have many things to share due to my long absence from bloggerland, so this is going to come in a couple of installments.

I shall begin this post with a confession. Since the beginning of July, I have not been particularly vigilant about the 'GREED' content of my food. July 2010 was literally the busiest month of my life to date. . . .

5 day Trip to Milwaukee to visit a friend. (one of these days was spent on a boat consuming pre-made sandwiches from the grocery store deli, chips & dip, and Summer Shandy followed by an amazing pizza on shore between the sun bathing and the fireworks)
7 day vacation / camping trip in Central Wisconsin (all the usual - hot dogs, brats, baked beans, pasta salad, breakfast bars, granola bars, and who knows what else)
Family reunion in Chicago (fried chicken, pasta salad, and lots of other fixins not prepared in a sugar-free restaurant)
3 wedding weekends (8 days counting travel and additional time at the various locales) . . . . one in Iowa, one in Wisconsin, and one in Indiana. (I can't even remember all the 'terrible' (aka yummy) foods I ate)

For a total of 23 days on vacation . . . . . . . I could get used to this. . . . . .

Now that the confession is out of the way . . . . . . At the end of June, I noted several things regarding my physical condition and then couldn't find my original notes to compare with. Thankfully, the notebook has been found!

-------------------01/03/10----------07/01/10--------Difference

Weight:--------------185-----------------162------------23 lbs
Pants size:------------16----------------10/12
T-shirt size:---------Large--------------Medium
Shirt Size:-------------14----------------10/12
Shoe Size:-------------9.5------------------9
Ring Size: I haven't gotten around to actually measuring this, but the size 7 CZ ring I used to wear as an engagement ring to scare off the crazies on the dance floor is now loose on my middle finger.
Measurements
Bust:-----------------42"------------------40"--------------2"
Waist:----------------34"------------------31"--------------3"
Panty line:-----------38.5"----------------36.5"-------------2"
Butt:-----------------44"------------------40"--------------4"
R Thigh:--------------28"------------------25"--------------3"
L Thigh:--------------28"-----------------24.5"-------------3.5"
R Knee:---------------20"-----------------19"---------------1"
L Knee:--------------20.5"----------------19"--------------1.5"
R Arm:---------------14"-----------------12.75"------------1.25"
L Arm:---------------14"------------------12.5"-------------1.5"

I'm feeling pretty darn good about myself right now. (despite the fact that you all now know how big my butt is)

I shall end this post with a committment: I am back to life sans sugar. As of Today, I am once again living inGREEDient-free. I even made some Greed-free ice cream tonight to kick off my return to a better lifestyle. (I totally made this recipe up, so I'm not sure how well the rest of the world might enjoy it)

Blend 1 quart Bolthouse Farms 'Purely Chocolate' Soymilk, and 2 cups of frozen mixed berries. Pour the mixture into the waiting ice cream maker, and churn away for approximately 30 min. Spoon it into a bowl, and place in the freezer for another half hour.

I call it "Berry Chocolate".

Sleep Well folks! I'll have more to share tomorrow:)

JamiK

No comments:

Post a Comment